April is National Car Care Month, and now is the ideal time to kick-start your vehicle's preventative maintenance regimen, especially if you allowed it to idle during winter. A little TLC goes a long way toward extending the life of your vehicle, keeping it functional and prepared for summer travel and beyond.
Spring Maintenance Checklist for Car Owners
- Replace your oil and filter. Changing your oil and filter at the suggested intervals in your vehicle's owner's handbook is one of the most effective methods to keep your engine operating smoothly.
- Check your fluid levels. When changing the oil and filter, you also ought to check the fluid levels. Conduct a visual inspection of your power steering, brake, and gearbox fluids, as well as your windshield washer fluid and coolant.
- Change your wiper blades. If your wiper blades are worn or broken, they will be ineffective in the face of relentless spring rains that impair vision.
- Conduct a check of your charging system. You should ensure that your battery is properly secured and that all connections are clean, tight, and free of corrosion.
- Repair your windshield. In locations where sand and pebbles are used to plow ice roadways, motorists frequently end up with windshield chips and cracks. While they may appear little, any damage to your windshield can reduce the efficacy of airbags, seatbelts, roof stability, and your personal safety in the case of a collision.
- Examine your lighting. Examine all external and interior lighting for malfunctions.
- Lubricate the chassis components. While many contemporary vehicles are "lubed for life," others still require periodic chassis lubrication; thus, consult your owner's handbook.
- Check the belts and hoses. Due to the fact that cold temperatures may harden and/or degrade rubber, it is critical to inspect belts and hoses for damage.
- Examine your filters. Your vehicle has a variety of filters that are critical to its lifespan and should be updated on a regular basis.
- Examine your tires. Because your tires are the only contact point between the vehicle and the road, it's critical to maintain them.
If you require top-notch servicing for your car, we urge you to bring it to Monkey Wrenches Inc now.